As an independent local charity we receive no central funding so it is the responsibility of the trustees and staff to raise the funds needed to deliver the service safely, effectively and efficiently.
We do this is in a range of ways:
Applications to grant making bodies
We now have three year funding from Hinkley Point C Somerset Community Foundation Fund.
We are part of the West Somerset Opportunity Area. It’s strategic aims are:
- To work together with families living in rural poverty to develop and improve their parenting skills and confidence in order to support their children’s’ early learning and social and emotional development;
- To support families living in rural poverty through pregnancy, the birth experience and during the first two years of baby’s life – including perinatal, mental health and breastfeeding issues;
- To improve access to, and coordination of children’s services for parents / carers of children from birth through to engagement with Early Years Services for families living in rural poverty;
- To improve the home learning environment for families living in rural poverty.
Local Council and Housing Association support
- Despite financial pressures West Somerset Council currently continue to support the scheme as they value our work in the community
- Minehead Town Council have provided grants for specific items
- Somerset County Councillors support us whenever they are able
- Magna West Somerset have also given financial support
Local fundraising events
- book sales
- quiz nights
- plant sales
- Easter I-spy
- and more…
- Sally and Clare’s run
- Ali and Christian’s sky dive
- Simon and Will’s bike ride
‘Friends of Home-Start West Somerset’
individuals set up a standing order of £10 (or more) per year and in return receive a quarterly e-newsletter about the work of the charity. Download a becoming a friend leaflet (pdf 8.5mb).
- from individuals
- from local businesses
- from community groups
- from community events
- from legacies